Overview / About us
Stripe Communications is an award-winning PR, social, content and influencer agency with a mission to: “get people talking’ about brands, businesses, organisations and causes. We do that through three things – SMART THINKING. BRIGHT IDEAS. NO NONSENSE.
When Stripe was founded 16 years ago, we had a clear purpose ‘to help people be the best they can be’. We believe if we create an environment where our people are supported and empowered to achieve all their full potential then together, we will build a brilliant business. By putting our people at the heart of every business decision, we have created a passionate, high performing team and compelling agency culture that we’re all proud of. We’re single-minded in our ambition to be the best, but to succeed we’ve had to be focussed, driven and entrepreneurial.
Change is our constant and over the years we have evolved to not only keep ahead of trends but to take advantage of opportunities. We now have over 50 staff working in Edinburgh and London and offer clients a range of services in house including PR Strategy, Consumer PR, Corporate PR, Issues, Stakeholder Engagement, Management, Social Media Strategy & Execution, Influencer Engagement, Design, Video Production and Content Creation. We work across a range of sectors including retail, hospitality, food and drink, sport, entertainment, energy, finance, public sector and consumer technology,
In 2020 we were acquired by Lumanity, one of the world’s leading healthcare consulting organisations with offices in Europe, Asia and the US.
Responsibilities / Position overview
Stripe Communications is on the hunt for an ambitious, smart-thinking Account Manager to join the team with the potential to be based in London.
If you want to work with incredible brands on creative campaigns and have broad consumer experience, as well as strong examples of consumer banking or finance experience, this could be the role for you.
Are you a motivated and determined self-starter with a desire to play your part? Do you want to make a difference to your clients? Do you want to run stand-out campaigns? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing agency? If that sounds like you, get in touch!
If you’re passionate about PR and creative communications, have big ideas and a no-nonsense approach then we want to hear from you.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing editorial strategy and creative tactics that positively promote clients
- Managing a busy Press Office to secure proactive media coverage, and handling reactive media enquiries
- Propose, organise and facilitate media events with key media and influencers, securing high quality coverage in return
- Proactively pitch and secure media coverage that aligns with the clients’ objectives
- Must have previous agency experience working on a broad cross section of consumer clients
- Must have previous agency experience working across banking, consumer finance or fintech clients
- Must hold strong media contacts across traditional and new media outlets including print, broadcast and online
- A good understanding of the news agenda and what makes a successful PR story
- Proven track record in delivering high impact high quality media coverage for clients
- Experience of working as part of a collaborative team
- Passion, commitment and enthusiasm for what they do.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will also have:
- A passion for PR and delivering great work for clients
- Strong journalist contacts across consumer finance press, as well as national news and broadcast
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Confidence and excellent communication skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude – a self-starter and team player, adept at working collaboratively
- An ability to think creatively
- Experience of working under pressure and at a fast pace (ability to meet deadlines)
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays with extra days based on length of service (up to 9 p/y)
- Birthday day off / early Friday finish / monthly happy hour
- Fortnightly training / weekly coaching / leadership training programme
- Flexible and part time remote working
- Vitality Private Healthcare insurance
- Mental health wellbeing hub & counselling support
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Long service rewards
- Group Self Invested Personal Pension Plan / life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Profit related bonus scheme